The experts at Floor Coverings International Southwest Metro Minneapolis love bamboo flooring because it is stylish, durable, and eco-friendly! Bamboo has become a very popular flooring choice because it has a similar look to hardwood, but can be less expensive. Bamboo plants are hard, hollow stems that are split apart and glued together to create solid strips of wood. This process is what gives bamboo flooring its unique texture and look. Like hardwood, bamboo floors can be stained different colors and are available in a variety of sizes and looks. Bamboo grows faster than wood because it is a grass, making it a highly renewable resource.
Pros of Bamboo Flooring
- It is easier and cheaper to install than hardwood flooring.
- Bamboo is moisture-resistant and durable.
- It is easy to clean and more resistant to stains than hardwood flooring.
- Like hardwood flooring, bamboo can be sanded and refinished a few times to get rid of wear and tear.
- Bamboo is an eco-friendly flooring option.
- Bamboo flooring comes in many different looks, colors, sizes, and textures. This means that you can customize the floors to go with the style of your home.
- Certain types of bamboo are extremely strong and durable.
Bamboo Flooring Experts of Minnetonka
The professionals at Floor Coverings International Southwest Metro Minneapolis will work with you to pick out the perfect bamboo flooring for your home! Our design associates are trained, knowledgeable, and can bring our mobile showroom right to you. This gives you the opportunity to look at different samples of bamboo right from your home and outside of the fluorescent lighting many stores have. Give us a call today to schedule a free in-home consultation. We are excited to work with you on your next flooring project!
Photo Credit: Valentina Razumova