At Floor Coverings International Southwest Metro Minneapolis, we love to offer our customers the latest flooring options! Floating floors refers to the method of installing floors as opposed to an actual type of flooring. Homeowners can pick from options such as installing floating hardwood flooring to floating laminate. Still a little unsure on what floating floors are? The experts at Floor Coverings International Southwest Metro Minneapolis share the details below!
What are Floating Floors?
Floating floors don’t actually float in any way. They are installed in a way that the individual planks, boards, or tile attach to each other and don’t need to be nailed or glued down to the subfloor.
Laminate is the most popular type of floating floors, but we can do this with other flooring options as well! It is a quick and easy installation process, meaning we will be in and out of your house quickly so that you can enjoy the new floors.
Pros of Floating Flooring
- Floating floors are easy to remove if you’d like to change up the look later on.
- Since they don’t need to be nailed down, they can be installed over almost any type of flooring.
- Installation cost is generally lower than installing flooring to a subfloor.
- They are easy to install, take less time, and require fewer materials.
- Floating floors are easier to repair than nailed-down floors.
- They tend to be quieter because of the small barrier of air between the floor and the floor underneath.
- The way that floating floors are installed allows for the floor to move and expand easier when there are changes in humidity.
Cons of Floating Flooring
- Floating floors are not as durable and substantial as flooring that is attached to a subfloor.
- Floating floors can have a lower resale value than traditional nailed-down floors.
Whether you’re looking to install beautiful floating hardwood floors or floating laminate, we can help! [Franchise_location_name] can provide you with a free in-home consultation to pick out the perfect flooring for your home, and then have our professional installation team install the floating floors in no time. Give us a call today for more information.
Photo Credit: Lukiyanova Natalia / frenta